Shocking me right out of my brain
I was walking down a very familiar road the other day towards the location of the milk bar that my sister and I always used to visit. I could do this trip with my eyes closed. I had a friend who used to live on that street, as well as others who you could visit from that direction.
As I walked down the street I notcied two new houses. Not one, but two. A house had been knocked down, the land divided and two new houses built.
What is happening to the area I grew up in? What I can't believe is that this happened in this place so close to me, and used to be so dear to me, and I can't even remember them knocking the old house down.
I'm scared of the day that my Mum sells this place and whoever with a lot of money destroys it to build his own dream home. My poor little house. My childhood. My sister's.
Them's the breaks I spose.
Onto happier thoughts. I'm going to Tasmania with my boy at the end of February. We're going to the Cadbury Factory, Hot Springs, Tahune Airwalk, Trout fishing as well as other things. If any one wants to recommend places to go while down there, feel free.
But I'm rather excited about it.

1 Comments:
It was amusing that when coming to visit for the first time in a few years, V said that she only recognised your street by the House in construction on the corner...
You should definately go and see the Giant Penguin again. Which may in fact be in a place called Penguin.
Post a Comment
<< Home